Bed bugs are smart nocturnal creatures that discreetly get into action while you are asleep. Though bed bugs can be seen with naked eyes, it is difficult to exterminate them on your own. That’s when the bed bug control services in the US come for the rescue. Due to sweltering summers, the bed bugs attack is a common phenomenon in the US. Bed bugs cannot only damage homes, workplaces, and hotels but also cause sleep deprivation and degraded well-being. A comprehensive bed bugs treatment is required to put these bugs to rest.
Process of bed bug control services in the US:
- The professionals conduct a free inspection visit to look for the area where these bugs hide and feed.
- Based on their assessment, they will determine the best-customized solution to safely eliminate the bug problems.
- Bed bug control services will implement effective non-toxic treatment to protect your property from bugs.
Technicians look for these telltale signs that indicate bed bugs presence:
- Red dots or small brown spots (fecal or blood stains) in bed sheets or pillowcases.
- Rusty spots on mattresses or walls.
- Bad odor secreted from bugs’ scent glands.
- The translucent shell that is shed from bed bugs bodies.
Hotspots for bed bugs infestation
Bed bugs are very good at hiding and only a watchful eye can spot them in their favorite places at home. These tiny creatures feed on human hosts that are inactive during night hours. To inspect the bed bugs infestation at home, here are the major areas prone to bed bugs attack and are the target areas of bed bugs control services in the US.
- Box springs, headboards, and bed framing in the bedroom.
- In and around mattresses
- Wall joints
- Picture frames
- Inside electrical sockets
- Upholstered furniture
- Cracks and crevices
- Carpet Edge
Signs of bed bug bites
The size of the bed bugs depends on the stage of their life cycle. The bed bugs reach maturity in 35 days and can live up to 7-12 months. These bugs often leave behind bite marks on the exposed parts of the human body. You will find the following marks or symptoms on legs, torso, or arms:
- Raised, red welts
- Burning, itching, and irritation caused by inflammation
- Multiple bites in a straight-lined pattern
Do-it yourself-solutions to control bed bugs
Before hiring bed bug exterminators, you should try to incorporate some methods at home to get rid of bed bugs:
- De-clutter your room to make it less vulnerable to bed bugs outbreak.
- Freezing can kill bugs. Use home freezers or put things out at extremely cold temperatures to reduce the number of bed bugs.
- Wash your clothes regularly.
- Change your bedsheets and blankets. Wash them and heat-dry the bedspreads to reduce the chances of forming a bed bugs colony.
Bed bug control techniques
Vacuuming is a simple method to kill the bugs hidden inside the materials of carpets or mattresses.
Your clothes, curtains, carpets, and bedding should be washed in hot water with detergent, and then dried at high heat.
Bed bug encasements
Bed bug covers or encasements are used to keep the bugs away from the host so that they starve and die eventually.
Steam and thermal treatment
A highly effective bed bug control technique is steam and thermal treatment. Pest control specialists prefer heaters and air circulators to remove bed bugs.
If you ever find yourself in such a troublesome situation, just look for ‘Bed bug exterminator near me’ or ‘Home service near me’ and the best bed bug control services in the US will appear for your help in no time.