The presence of pests in the house can give you nightmares and itis so frustrating to rid of these pesky creatures. Pests not only create nuisance in your house; but they also bite, sting, and cause all kinds of health hazards and property damage. Be it a trail of ants, or some bed bugs, spotting any of these unwelcome guests is an indication of inviting diseases at your place. But killing pests is itself a big challenge. So, if you are facing any troubles because of these filthy pests, search ‘residential pest control near me.’ Licensed pest control technicians will incorporate appropriate actions to treat pest problems and protect your family from these unwanted bugs.
Common pests found in every household
Rat, mice, bed bugs, rodents, spiders, termites, earwigs, earwigs, centipedes,
silverfish, household ants, cockroaches, millipedes are some of the most common pests in the house.
These pests enter your house through small cracks around the windows, and doors and prefer to reside in dark, damp, and unhygienic areas like:
- Sewer and pipes.
- Bathrooms, crawlspaces, and basement.
- Under porches, carpets, and mattresses.
It is better to hire residential pest control services and exterminate the common pests in the house during the early stages of infestation.
Simple ways for pest prevention
Cockroach and ant infestations are the most commonly reported pest problems among various households. Before taking help from residential pest control experts, you must try some home remedies to diminish this problem:
- Seal off all the openings or cracks to obstruct the entrance of pests.
- Keep food containers sealed.
- Sweep your house regularly.
- Vacuum the mattress and upholstery.
- Use disinfectant to clean kitchen countertops, sink drains, and stove nooks.
- Sprinkle salt and spray essential oil sprays (natural repellents) in the affected areas.
The residential pest control process
Eliminating pests is not an easy task. Only skilled and experienced technicians can help you keep pests at bay with top-notch treatments and optimum results. For professional assistance, you can call the residential pest control service and schedule a pest inspection at your home. A team will arrive at your place and detect the pest issue. According to your pest problem, the technicians will offer a customized solution to eradicate the issue. Then, the pest control experts will visit your house again to execute the plan and help you get year-round protection from pests.
Types of residential pest control services
Fully licensed and insured technicians first identify the pest problems and administer the best solutions to maximize pest control. Here are some of the major methods to reduce pest populations effectively:
- Traps – Traps are always helpful in capturing the pests like rats, mice, slugs, ants, and cockroaches. All you need to do is to set a bait and place the trap in their hiding spots.
- Fumigation –One of the best solutions to wipe out the pest colonies is to spray liquid pesticides in the infested areas after evacuating it.
- Sterilization –This technique is very effective in reducing the pest population growth. It involves the mass rearing of a pest, then sterilizing it using various means (for example, X-rays) and releasing it into the rest of the pest population.
How much is residential pest control?
The average cost for residential pest control services depends on different contractors. It varies according to which pests you are dealing with, and what treatments are offered by the technicians.
What is the best pest control spray for your home?
Some of the known pest control sprays include Ortho Home Defense MAX insect killer, Eco Defense Organic Home Pest Control, and Raid House and Garden Bug Killer.
What company is best for residential pest control?
The companies famous for residential pest control are Terminix, Orkin, and Aptive.