Scorpions are poisonous creatures that are native to the desert environment and can be a threat to human life. These predators feed primarily on insects and have a segmented tail and large claws for their defense. Scorpions have a long life span ranging from 3-4 years and their sting can be detrimental to human health. To get rid of scorpions, you can take the help of a professional by searching ‘Pest control near me.’Scorpion pest control services can treat your home immediately and prevent future intrusions.
Everything you need to know about scorpions
Scorpions are considered dangerous due to several reasons:
- Scorpions use their pincers to grab their victims. Their stingers are equipped with neurotoxic venom to paralyze their prey.
- They are aggressive in nature and can attack humans easily.
- Although scorpions do not produce fatal stings, their venom can cause pain and swelling. But if you have an allergic reaction to their venom, you need to seek medical help.
- Scorpions have poor eyesight, therefore, they capture their prey by sensing vibrations as they have a good sense of hearing and touch.
Scorpions thrive in dry climatic conditions and prefer cool nights. They infest in shady areas and their hiding spots include:
- Piles of rocks or wood
- Under stones, boards, or barks of the trees
- Crawlspace foundations
- Potted plants
- Outdoor furniture
- Kitchen cabinets
Scorpion pest control service process
- Thorough inspection – Scorpions are nocturnal arachnids, so technicians will arrive at your property at night to look for scorpion entry points. Experts use portable black lights to locate scorpions as they glow in bright neon green/yellow color under black light.
- Based on the diagnosis of the scorpion problem, pest management professionals will suggest some effective measures and treatments.
- Technicians will visit your house again to treat your property for scorpions.
- Experts will fill the cracks and services and offer interior treatment.
- Exterior barrier treatment will be applied to extend six feet out from the foundation and around the property’s boundary.
- Back walls and fences will also be treated.
After the treatment is complete, the technicians will sweep the black light to check if there are any more scorpions left in your property.
If your house is invaded by scorpions, the best solution is to hire pest control services. Scorpions are not the kind of creatures you can deal with on your own. You need a professional to carry out the scorpion hunt and keep them away from your property.
How to get rid of scorpions?
You can get rid of scorpions with the help of pest control services who will spot scorpions using black light at night. They will treat your property for scorpions.
What will kill scorpions?
Scorpions are venomous. So, you need to call pest control services to kill them.
What are scorpions attracted to?
Scorpions are attracted to shady places like woodpiles, basement, cracks, and more.
Does one scorpion mean more?
Yes. Scorpions can multiply fast in their hideouts and cause indoor invasion.